This bacon wrapped shrimp recipe is perfect for festive holidays, backyard barbecues or tailgating. Easy to make and very tasty! A good aspect of this recipe is the shrimp can be prepared in advance. Refrigerate and they’re ready for the grill.
Serves 6 (appetizer)
32 fresh shrimp in shells, OR frozen shrimp
- 16 slices Bacon, cut in half
- 32 leaves basil, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 3/4 – 1 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Remove shells from shrimp, leaving tails. Butterfly each shrimp by cutting a slit along its back; remove vein.
- Rinse shrimp and pat dry with paper towels.
- Combine basil, Parmesan cheese, and garlic in small bowl.
- Place stuffing in slits. Leaving tail exposed, wrap each shrimp with half-slice of bacon, tucking in ends.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Place shrimp on baking sheet with tails pointing up.
- Bake until shrimp turn opaque, about 14 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Dip shrimp into barbecue sauce and place on grill until sauce caramelizes or return to baking sheet and bake until sauce is caramelized, about 3 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Chris Lilly at Bib Bob Gibson’s www.bigbobgibson.com
This Grilled Peaches with Brown Sugar and Rum recipe go well with the shrimp as an appetizer.