Kansas City’s barbecue sauce is tomato-based, thick, sweet and smoky. These Kansas City-style spareribs are a perfect example of that style of barbecue.
Bacon Wrapped Shrimp With Basil Stuffing
This bacon wrapped shrimp recipe is perfect for festive holidays, backyard barbecues or tailgating. Easy to make and very tasty! A good aspect of this recipe is the shrimp can be prepared in advance. Refrigerate and they’re ready for the grill.
Serves 6 (appetizer)
32 fresh shrimp in shells, OR frozen shrimp
- 16 slices Bacon, cut in half
- 32 leaves basil, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 3/4 – 1 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Remove shells from shrimp, leaving tails. Butterfly each shrimp by cutting a slit along its back; remove vein.
- Rinse shrimp and pat dry with paper towels.
- Combine basil, Parmesan cheese, and garlic in small bowl.
- Place stuffing in slits. Leaving tail exposed, wrap each shrimp with half-slice of bacon, tucking in ends.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Place shrimp on baking sheet with tails pointing up.
- Bake until shrimp turn opaque, about 14 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Dip shrimp into barbecue sauce and place on grill until sauce caramelizes or return to baking sheet and bake until sauce is caramelized, about 3 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Chris Lilly at Bib Bob Gibson’s www.bigbobgibson.com
This Grilled Peaches with Brown Sugar and Rum recipe go well with the shrimp as an appetizer.
Leave a Reply