This corn and avocado salsa never ceases to amaze me. Although I find it tasty, it never seemed out of this world good to me, but most of my guests go crazy over it. They think it’s phenomenal and I’m often sending them home with the recipe. It just goes to prove my underlining theory of entertaining…cook for your guests, not for you. Give it a try; my statistics prove that you’re going to probably love it as well.
One tip to be aware of: This salsa is best prepared a day in advance. The flavors really come together after sitting overnight in the refrigerator. If you choose this method, don’t cut or add the avocado until just before serving to keep them fresh.
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3-4 medium avocados, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 16 oz frozen corn, thawed
- In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients except the avocados and mix well.
- Cover and place in refrigerator overnight.
- Remove and add avocado. Mix well and serve immediately with tortilla chips.
For a kick-in-the-pants flavor, add diced jalapenos per personal taste.
Enjoy the salsa and always remember…admire the fire!
What Ribs Ya Be Fixin’ Wit Dat Salsa?
Now that you have everyone’s appetites all worked up, they’ll soon be askin’, “where’s the meat!?” Here’s some good ideas:
Kentucky Mutton Ribs
What’d Ya think?