Kansas City’s barbecue sauce is tomato-based, thick, sweet and smoky. These Kansas City-style spareribs are a perfect example of that style of barbecue.
Grilled Herb Buttered Bread
Grilled bread takes on a whole new meaning when flavored with herb butter. This herb buttered bread goes great with salads, soups or any course, for that matter.
- 1 loaf of French bread
- 1 stick or 8 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives, finely chopped
- Dash of salt and fresh ground pepper
- Combine the butter, herbs and spices in a small mixing bowl. Mix well with a fork until well blended.
- Thickly slice the bread loaf almost all the way through, but not completely.
- Spread each slice with the herb butter.
- Wrap the loaf in aluminum foil and seal ends.
- Place over a medium fire and cook for about 10 minutes, while turning two or three times. During the last 4 minutes, open the foil to allow the smoke flavor to permeate the bread.
- Remove from the grill and pull each slice apart. Serve with remaining butter.
Leave a Reply