Nothing quite finishes off a barbecue like fruit, especially grilled peaches. Grilled peaches also make a great appetizer. The hot fire caramelizes the surface of the fruit which seals in the flavor and actually concentrates it. It’s like a peach flavor punch it the mouth. Top the grilled peaches off with whipped cream or ice cream and dessert is served. Slice the grilled peaches and serve with grilled shrimp for a perfect appetizer.
These grilled peaches get an added sweetness from the brown sugar and an additional flavor layer from the rum. So delish!
- 4 firm peaches
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- Cut the peaches in half and remove the pit
- Combine the melted butter, brown sugar and rum in a small mixing bowl.
- Brush the face of the peaches with the mixture.
- Grill the flat side of the peaches over a medium fire for about 2-3 minutes or until the surface is caramelized and grill marks are present.
- Flip peaches over and move them away from the fire. Brush again and drizzle the remaining mixture into the center of the peach.
- Cover grill and allow them to cook an additional 5 minutes. Dress as desired and serve.
Enjoy, and admire the fire!
Some Tips on Choosing Fruit